The laws for Mother Earth include
- The right to life and to exist
- The right to continue vital cycles and processes free from human alteration
- The right to pure water and clean air
- The right to balance
- The right not to be polluted
- The right to not have cellular structure modified or genetically altered
- The right to not be affected by mega-infrastructure and development projects that affect the balance of ecosystems and the local inhabitant communities
- Connect with Mother Earth. Spend quiet time in nature connecting with Gaia in all her splendor. Listen to the birds sing, smell the fragrant scent of a flower or notice the spectacular colors all around. Notice how these things make you feel and bring gratitude to your heart. Gardening and growing plants and vegetables is a beautiful way to connect more with nature and appreciate her magical bounty.
- Consume less Most of us in the Western world consume much more than we actually need to. I encourage more conscious choices about what we purchase and use. There is much value in the term "Reduce, Re-use, Recycle" and contemplating what that means in your life. This also includes using resources less, for example, gas or oil for central heating, perhaps the heating could be turned down a few degrees and an extra layer worn.
- Be mindful about the food we eat Ideally grow your own food, even without a garden, there is lots of potential for growing food. Find local, organic food that is free from chemicals and pesticides. There is possibly a local market or veggie box scheme in your area, I have found these to be a fantastic resource. Follow a plant based diet, this is much more compassionate to Mother Earth and all sentient life for lots of reasons. Read my blog about following a vegan diet for further information. Also try to buy food that is free from plastic packaging.
- Transport Avoid unnecessary journeys, use public transport and if you can avoid flying. I like to walk or cycle shorter journeys, it's good exercise and gives me time to unwind.
- Use natural household products When you need to, use natural beauty and cleaning products around the home.
Thank you for the reading, with blessings and gratitude, Fiona